I saw a (probable) generation of ladies walking in front of me and I thought it was quite interesting.
I wonder how long the red roots have been running through their genes?
Great shot. I'm not sure, but I see a vertical photo here. 3 ladies, a city bus (identifying location) and a traffic sign (with the appropriate text "RED ROUTE"). The 2 gentlemen on the left and the cars on the right seem rather peripheral to the subject matter.
Hi Björn. I think you're right. Are you saying I should crop or that the photo would have worked better taken vertically? Ideally a portrait orientation would have been preferable but in the rush to take a photo, it's not always easy to think about. I also have trouble getting a shot off in time when the subject is moving away from me. In this instance I saw them and I think I was trying to keep up with them a short distance while shooting. In post processing I also didn't like the two distracting men at the left so I ended up creating a masked layer so that I could isolate the ladies a little more from the scenery. Cropping would have been a better choice (and easier) I think.
I agree; on the street you don't often have the luxury of getting the framing perfect. Luckily with all these millions of pixels, there's lots of room to crop. I see a 2:3 vertical crop in your photo: vertically, it has the same extent as the current photo and horizontally it would extend roughly from a point just to the left of the lady with the suitcases to the middle of the closest car. Maybe that will focus more attention on your subject?
Great shot. I'm not sure, but I see a vertical photo here. 3 ladies, a city bus (identifying location) and a traffic sign (with the appropriate text "RED ROUTE"). The 2 gentlemen on the left and the cars on the right seem rather peripheral to the subject matter.
ReplyDeleteHi Björn. I think you're right. Are you saying I should crop or that the photo would have worked better taken vertically?
ReplyDeleteIdeally a portrait orientation would have been preferable but in the rush to take a photo, it's not always easy to think about.
I also have trouble getting a shot off in time when the subject is moving away from me. In this instance I saw them and I think I was trying to keep up with them a short distance while shooting.
In post processing I also didn't like the two distracting men at the left so I ended up creating a masked layer so that I could isolate the ladies a little more from the scenery. Cropping would have been a better choice (and easier) I think.
I agree; on the street you don't often have the luxury of getting the framing perfect. Luckily with all these millions of pixels, there's lots of room to crop. I see a 2:3 vertical crop in your photo: vertically, it has the same extent as the current photo and horizontally it would extend roughly from a point just to the left of the lady with the suitcases to the middle of the closest car. Maybe that will focus more attention on your subject?
ReplyDelete