Years ago at school I briefly studied lichens (on gravestones, no less) for a Biology field project where I learned that most lichen prefer clean air and are therefore more commonly found on stones and rocks in the countryside than on those in the cities.
I also saw the yellow of the long truck and was struck by the similarity, yet differences in the way the two colours got there.
![]() |
| ISO 640, f/11, 1/30, RAW |

Superb; I guess you're not surprised that I like this one :-) Besides the colour, I also love that the two diagonal, yellow bands are the same width, creating some ambiguity as to the scale of the objects. The delicate cyclists - with the complimentary blue colour - complete the sequence.
ReplyDeleteThanks Björn!
ReplyDeleteI'm noticing that you're very skilled at describing photos. What you say is what I liked about this one too.
It's a simple shot but quite interesting to me. Somehow the two lines of yellow have co-incided in the same photo but they have very different backgrounds and origins.
What's also interesting is that this one didn't get many likes when I posted it on Facebook, but perhaps photographers see things differently to the "average" viewer.