When I took this photo I wondered whether there was a better way of capturing the colours and messy texture.
The answer may be "yes", "no" or somewhere in between the two.
I know that the search for beautiful, striking or eye-catching images is one of the cornerstones of my photography but there is also an underlying quest for perfection. The more photos I take the further away I seem to be from photographic nirvana. If I ever get that perfect image, I will probably be the only one to appreciate it, such is the subjectiveness of art.
![]() |
| ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/30, RAW |

perfection IS subjective
ReplyDeleteMy type of perfection IS perfect, Susan ;-)
ReplyDeleteHi Kesh
ReplyDeleteI suppose that the more images you take, the better you become and the more critical you get. So you're actually getting farther and farther away from perfection. It's an elusive goal :-)
Personally, I find judging my own work difficult as I tend to be quite critical. Having a few peers who's work and opinions you respect can help you gain insight into your own photography.
As to the photo: I like it. It distills the notion of colour into an array of choices. Perhaps a little brush lying on the side would have added context and given the palette some breathing room (negative space). But that's entirely subjective; the photo is a joy to behold as it is.