Monday, 19 August 2013

Night time performance

The Southbank has been revamped and modernised over the last few years but I'm glad they've retained some of its original character.
During the day, it's normally "over-subscribed" by photographers wanting to capture skateboarders, but when it gets dark there's sometimes a different crowd - on this occasion, some sort of performing art.
The colours really come to life at night and really justify keeping it the way it is.

ISO 200, f/2.0, 0.7s, RAW

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic capture with the partial figures in their own realms between the columns. The dark shadows really make the vibrant colours stand out. I was only ever here during the day and was also turned off by the snapping hordes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Björn. I guess if I was "braver" I might have got up a bit closer, but it's also nice to observe, rather than intrude for the sake of a photo.
    Although high ISO is very useful, I still generally prefer the lowest possible ISO where practical. Here there was a handrail just "at the right place". I guess I can blame this handrail for the standard perspective ;-)

    ReplyDelete