We are also having to move...so today started the first day of flat-hunting.
It was a bit manic after we arrived at the actual flat (as there were so many potential tenants there at the same time), so I wasn't able to take many photos but here is one hopefully showing a little of the area.
At the moment we live in a new tower block but we're a bit bored of living like commoditised London citizens so have started looking a bit further afield where real people live.
![]() |
| Nikon D700, 24mm, ISO200, f/5.0, 1/200s |
After viewing two flats, we registered with a few more agencies before having a pleasant lunch at a local Vietnamese restaurant.
On the way home I managed to have another hands-on session with the rare Nikon DF (again).
This time it was the black version.
I have to say that I am fairly smitten by it at the moment.
It's much lighter than the D700, I like the 100% OVF, D4 sensor and the fact that it is minimalist (no flash, no bulbous grip, no video) is a bonus. The only few things that I would have wished for are a flip LCD, WiFi (for smartphone remote operation) and a more generous shutter speed.
I am serious enough about it that I'm currently evaluating some of the RAW files downloaded from the DPReview site...

Hi Kesh,
ReplyDeleteI've looked at a lot of flats recently as well. My tip: don't forget to check out the water quality in the pool and make sure it's lined with enough palm trees to provide some relief from all that sun :-) Happy hunting.