Wednesday, 16 April 2014

A different perspective

Flat hunting by itself can be quite stressful but for me it's (of course) an opportunity to see new places and new things that can become a subject of my photos.

We're mostly looking in places where most other people look, namely convenient, not far from civilisation, a bit of greenery, not too expensive but not dangerous.

The first place we saw may have fit the bill, except for being ex-local authority, meaning that there is a mixture of people from those that have, to have nots. There's are also potential difficulties associated with selling ex-council housing, so we decided to give this one a miss.

Nikon Df, 24mm, ISO100, f/3.5, 1/200s



Nikon Df, 24mm, ISO 280, f/2.2, 1/30s



































The second one was more in line with what we were looking for. The interior needs refurbishing but the basics seem solid and the area is slightly more residential.

Nikon Df, 24mm, ISO 100, f/2.0, 1/500s



























Nikon Df, 24mm, ISO100, f/2.0, 1/500s










2 comments:

  1. Hi Kesh,
    Isn't it always the way; just as you finally get a new camera you have to spend all your free time doing something else. Good strategy to combine the two. I don't know whether these shots are supposed to showcase your new DF or that spectacular 24mm lens, but the results look great. As you can probably guess, I love the squared off, nautilus shaped staircase receding into the depths. How ever did you frame that without a tilting screen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bjorn,

    I'm not really show-casing much yet.
    Having been frustrated by the recent lack of picture-taking I'm still trying to find my stride.
    Also, as time passes I get influenced by other people's photos or I simply "evolve" so I'm trying to find new things to interest me.
    I also thought the staircase was interesting. In fact it was the one interesting feature in that block!

    The 24mm is one of my favourite lenses and is fantastic in low-light but on occasion the bokeh can be a bit busy.
    Thanet lodge fell through but we're looking at other apartments again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete