Friday, 18 April 2014

Girders and garters

Ok not quite garters but I couldn't think of another caption for my second photo starting with "G".

We were up on the roof terrace of our soon-to-be ex-home, enjoying the early evening sun, the views and some ice cream (I think it was a pot of fudge and another one of strawberry).

Unfortunately the ice-cream disappeared faster than I could take a photo but I managed to find other things instead.

These were taken by my newly-acquired (and inexpensive) 50mm f/1.8G (which seems to get better reviews than the f/1.4G). It makes for a very light and sufficiently small combination with my Df that allows me to carry it every day.

Nikon Df, 50mm, ISO100, f/2.5, 1/2500s

Nikon Df, 50mm, ISO100, f/2.5, 1/2000s

2 comments:

  1. What an original idea for a set, Kesh. I love the abstract with its shadows and shade playing across the textured surface, but the second one is nice as well. Who needs to go anywhere when you've got good eye :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Björn,

    Thanks. Some days its hard to justify going out (again) if you've just come back from work. This day was one of those days, although the weather was so nice that we wanted to experience the roof terrace a little bit more, knowing we won't have the opportunity for too much longer.
    As for a good eye, that's a great compliment and I like to think that I sometimes spot interesting things. Unfortunately it's hindered by an all-too-often distracted brain :-)

    ReplyDelete