I've decided to keep the X100s after all.
Fuji wrote back to me to say that I should test the on/off switch against other cameras in the store where I bought it, with the offer to fix it if the resistance turns out to be different. Somehow I think the other cameras will exhibit the same characteristic.
Nevertheless, I have found an accessory grip by RRS (Really Right Stuff) that should resolve the issue, as it will provide a further surface to shield the switch, once installed.
Today, I went out briefly at lunch. I'm still familiarising myself with the camera but I came home with one acceptable result.
Hi Kesh
ReplyDeleteNice photo with good depth, natural color and texture. I especially like the balance between the area with peeling paint and the unaffected area.
As to the ON/OFF switch, that's once again an example of how a relatively minor ergonomic failure can become a major irritation. What about just setting a short sleep time so that even if you inadvertently activate the ON switch, the camera will go into sleep mode shortly thereafter, saving most of the battery?