It was taken "only" at ISO 1600, so may not fully show the Cybershot's capabilities but the structure/texture is very smooth, the colours are vibrant and the image simply has "depth".
It's hard to describe how rich an image from a Full Frame camera is, compared to a non-FF camera, but "rich", "vibrant" and "good structure" are words I seem to read often on other sites that I agree with.
Some day I would like to try a side-by-side comparison with my (now old) D700 to see how technology has progressed since 2008.
![]() |
| Empty. |

Hi Kesh,
ReplyDeleteGreat photo; I love the red, out-of-focus band that intersects the can. Well seen and composed!
The difference in IQ between the D700 and RX1 is probably not as significant as the specifications imply. I use friend's D700 every once in a while and we have had a chance to do informal comparisons.
Unless you're doing a lot of cropping, the differences between the sensor quality seems marginal. Technique and the lens you use on the D700 have a far greater impact on image quality than the sensor does.
What makes the RX1 special is its extremely compact dimensions. For the first time you can enjoy FF image quality in a package that's not only unobtrusive but so light that you can have it with you all the time.
Come to Amsterdam and we can do our own comparison ;-)
Cheers, Bjorn