Thursday, 30 May 2013

Trip

I bought this reconditioned Olympus Trip 35 at Arundel Photographica, which is a fantastic little antique camera shop, brimming with cameras.
I've taken a few shots but perhaps only 3 out of 36, so it will be a while before I see any results.
I used to enjoy using colour print film when I first started out, then tried some B&W before settling for slide (mainly - and inexplicably) Kodachrome 64.
With fewer colour print processing choices nowadays and Kodachrome a museum-piece, I opted for B&W.
Also, I never find it easy to choose B&W when I'm using digital, so I'm looking forward to the results.

I used a cable release on the X100s and light-painting, with somewhat hit-and-miss results.

Olympus Trip 35
ISO200, f/5.6, 3.2s, RAW

4 comments:

  1. Nice colorfull compositions with not to much components in them. I like the sparefull use of elements in the pictures. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome...and thanks for your kind comments!
    I think the (old) camera also works with the worn, wooden table but it was coincidence. I wish the film and canister were both a bit more aged too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to that shop in Arundel. A great place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tom,

    I agree...it's almost like a museum except that here you can actually buy the artefacts.
    There were some other interesting cameras, including several TLRs competing against the Trip for my money.
    Next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete