We got up reasonably early today (for a Bank holiday Monday) and headed down to West Wittering with Chloe, in her stylish Fiat Cinquecento.
West Wittering is one of the few, finely-grained, sandy beaches on the south coast of England that I'm aware of. The coast there is slightly reminiscent of the Normandy / Pas de Calais beaches. They're long and quite deep/wide, especially during low tide.
After spending around 30min acting as a solar panel, I went for a walk by myself to find out what was there.
Although West Wittering attracts a lot of visitors on a day like this, there are still lots of things to look at, away from people.
The sun was a bit too high at times but it also created some high contrast, which made for a good black and white conversion.
Here is used the X100s with a Hoya protective filter.
I don't normally like to use filters on my lenses, but since I'm not using the Fuji hood, I feel that I should protect the lens until I can find a suitable and improved workaround.

Hi Kesh,
ReplyDeleteGreat composition with the anchor line and clouds both leading away from the bow of the boat. You're right, the high contrast helps here, although the excellent Fuji lens is probably also partly responsible.
I always use a high quality UV filter. While it *may* degrade optical performance somewhat, the performance hit is nowhere near as drastic as a scratch from a grain of sand would be. I like to be able to quickly wipe raindrops, condensation, dust, fingerprints and the like from the front of my lens without worry.