Friday, 3 May 2013

Desperados

Being a Thursday (and without wanting to sound like I belong to a bunch of alcoholics) it should have been our work/social drinking evening. However due to a rare (and increasingly infrequent) department-funded drinks yesterday evening, today fizzled without even a mention of drinks.
Instead, Alex and I went out for a meal at Royal China while discussing our differences (no, I never said arguing) over our next house move.

So, here's a reminder that this is what Thursday evenings seem to be about. As the weather continues to improve, we should be seeing more of these soon.

I'm not Desperados.
For those of you that know Spanish, we know that the beer should probably be called "Desesperados" and not "Desperados".

Unfortunately "Desperado" sounds more correct in English so we are now probably stuck with the error. My personal belief is that this word was made popular by the movie.

Considering that the movie was also directed by Antonio Banderas and reading about the origins of the beer, the Spanish seem to have actually stubbed their own toe on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment