Sunday, 5 May 2013

Captivated

We briefly visited Camden Market today, under fairly changeable conditions, ranging from sun, to overcast to showers.
Still, there were some good moments and for some reason I decided to try some people photography.
The colours, together with the natural curve of the hammocks (catenary) and the blissful unawareness of the lady engrossed in the papers made this one made for quite an interesting opportunity for me.

Also, I left home without the ThumbsUp attached to the X100s today, but it made the camera much less easy to hold, so I reattached it again as soon as I returned. My initial reservation to continue to use it was based on two factors:

  • I liked the idea that I can attach an external flashgun without too much fiddling.
  • The curved surface of the ThumbsUp where the thumb rests is (obviously) slightly protruding and the camera profile is a little sleeker without it and perhaps has a lesser chance of catching clothing, straps, etc.
I guess a lot of things are compromises.
The ThumbsUp is a useful one.
I don't often use external flash in my day-to-day photography so the fiddle-factor is something I can live with on the rare occasion that I need to attach one of my speedlights.
The tiny built-in flash combined with the leaf shutter is also a surprisingly capable combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment