Monday, 17 March 2014

Into the light

It's been a while again. I haven't been taking photos much recently and of those I've taken I haven't been particularly happy with.

However with the recent, better weather my mood has also lifted and I want to take photos again.
It may take me a while to get back into the swing of things and I also have a backlog of photos to get through (even if I might be taking photos more regularly).



Ricoh GRDiv, ISO80, f/2.8, 1/640s

2 comments:

  1. This works beautifully with the animated and backlit blond hair in the foreground and the converging shadows to draw you into the scene. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bjorn.
    We had a rare week of spring sunshine up until the weekend and I found the light very alluring.
    Whilst I'm not making excuses for my drop in enthusiasm for photography lately, the flat, winter lighting does provide a further hurdle to other obstacles that get in the way of taking pictures. This was a nice break from that.

    I also missed using the Ricoh and a day out with it reminded me why I used two generations of the GRD.
    The GRD can always be with me. The Nikon is great when everything is aligned (right mood, interesting light, right opportunities) but quite frustrating when one or more of them are missing. With my expectations of a trip with the D700 being accordingly high, when I don't meet them due to one or more of the above...the high can become a low.

    Anyway I've somehow found motivation again but through positive drivers, rather than a pressing "need" to take photos. I'll see where that takes me...

    ReplyDelete