I wonder how a more recent sensor (Nikon DF or Sony A7R) would have handled it?
The 24-70mm I used here is now gone but I also wonder how my 85mm f/1.4 would have fared here. Like many photography enthusiasts, I started with fast zooms but I prefer even faster primes ;-)
![]() |
| Nikon D700, 48mm, ISO3200, f/2.8, 1/60s |

Hi Kesh,
ReplyDeleteI've shot with the A7R and the D700 side by side and at low sensitivities the only noticeable difference was the resolution when you zoom into the image. When viewing high Iso images full screen, the newer camera seems to have about a 1 stop advantage. I'd say you'd notice more of a difference from using a really good lens - like the FE 55/1.8 :-)
Hi Bjorn,
ReplyDeleteAlthough I don't judge too much by DXOMark ratings I see that the A7R is indeed better, both for high ISO and of course resolution.
I'm still wondering whether the 36MPix resolution is good for me or overkill! Higher resolution + sharpness (with good lenses) is great but I wonder whether I will struggle with holding such a camera steady.
The Nikon Df (despite some drawbacks) is also interesting. The D4 sensor is very tempting :-)