The Df definitely helps to be more discreet, as the shutter noise is much quieter than on the D700.
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 20mm, f/3.5, 1/60s, ISO100 |
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 20mm, f/3.5, 1/320s, ISO100 |
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 50mm, f/2.2, 1/2000s, ISO100 |
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 50mm, f/2.2, 1/400s, ISO100 |
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 50mm,, f/2.0, 1/800s, ISO100 |
![]() |
| Nikon Df, 50mm, f/2.5, 1/100s, ISO100 |






Hi Kesh,
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you also had the Voigtlander 20mm; I use it on my A7R.
Once again, this is a really superb set. There's good tension in the 'man with hat' shot. He's rather far to the left of the frame but that' balanced out by him glancing to our right. I also love the contrast between grim, characterful face of the man and the joyful, delicate feathers he's holding. The last image tells a nice little story of a man reading a book while waiting for his companion (2 cups). The out-of-focus background gives enough contextual information without becoming distracting. Fancy a photo walk through the streets of Kuala Lumpur?
Thanks Björn,
ReplyDeleteIt's not actually a Voigtlander but a Nikon!
http://kenrockwell.com/nikon/2035.htm
http://www.fotozones.com/live/index.php/page/nikon_lenses/primes/20mm_f3.5_AIS_Nikkor
I wish it was wider. I miss the 14-end of the 14-24mm but I still think I was justified to sell it as its size made it prohibitive to take places.
I noticed the man with the hat walking quite quickly towards us but as he saw the cameras he started to take evasive action - which is partly why he ended up in that part of the frame. As you say I think it works because he's looking back into the frame.
As for using the 50mm, I'm enjoying working with this focal length, perhaps more than other focal lengths. I think this is down to its versatility (and with the added benefit that I don't find myself switching lenses all of the time).
The bokeh is a bit edgy at times though, so I've been eyeing the 58mm f/1.4 but wondering whether I really should...
http://www.samhurdphotography.com/2013/gear-reviews/nikon-58mm-f1-4-review-and-comparison-with-detailed-sample-images
I definitely do fancy a photowalk through Kuala Lumpur.
I don't think it will happen before my summer holidays but will definitely consider a trip out there at some point soon.