Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Hope and art

I took a photo of this "Nozomi" (hope) Shinkansen before we boarded the train at Okayama, headed for Tokyo.
I remember being disappointed many years ago (on an older series train) that it didn't feel that fast. With many more train journeys under my belt, I can definitely say that they're fast, smooth and reliable.

Over the years they've also come to look more futuristic.



Here's another photo I took which I processed beyond the realms of what you might call normal photography...but I like the end result.



Tomorrow is our final day in Tokyo and Japan (boo) but I've had a great time and I'm looking forward to using proper wardrobes again.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kesh
    Safe travels. I love the Nozomi design. The angle of the light really accentuates its shape. As to the second photo, I think that photography is in a continual transition away from documenting the world around us to becoming more of an art form. Whereas artists might have picked up canvas, paints and brush in the past, some are now manipulating digital recordings (stills, video, sound) on a computer. I haven't attempted much of this direction either although I am certainly interested. Maybe I will see something to inspire me in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bjorn. I guess as photographers we are slightly scared that any manipulation casts doubts (to non photographers) as to our integrity.
    I hope you have a fun and safe journey too. I'm looking forward to continuing my journey through your vision :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kesh,
    In case you don't get my other email, we're in London. If you'd like to meet up, send me a message at bmutpott@gmail.com
    cheers, Bjorn

    ReplyDelete