The Southbank is always a good place to watch people of all ages, from toddlers to teenage skateboarders, all the way to senior citizens.
The constantly changing weather made it quite interesting for photography, providing varying light conditions throughout the day.
For street photography, I'm finding that I'm using the LCD a lot, rather than the VF. The reason for this seems to be because it's bigger and quicker to compose with when I bring it from my right side to an upright position.
It would be (or have been) interesting to see how street photographers of yesteryear (rangefinder and SLR shooters, not TLRs or cameras with waist-level finders) would have done this. Did they walk around with their eyes glued to the viewfinder or did they take a little more time to bring the camera to eye level to compose?
The other reason the LCD seems to work well is that I typically want a slightly lower, subject-level view of the scene. If I used the VF, I would not only have to bring the camera up but also have to scoot down a little to get to the right height.
All this points to wanting a flip LCD on my next carry-around.
![]() |
| ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/500s, RAW |

No comments:
Post a Comment