Sunday, 21 July 2013

A postcard from Paradise

I took this as we stood up to leave "Paradisos" for Greek "lunch", which typically happens late in the afternoon.
We had been swimming and sunbathing for most of the morning and as we sat down to enjoy the grilled octopus, grilled aubergine, whitebait and Ouzo, I saw this.
Some might say that it's postcard-like but for me it's leaves me with memories of good times with great food and even better company.


ISO 200, f/5.6 1/1100s, RAW

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kesh,
    It's much better than merely postcard-like; the filtering of reality works very well here to unify the compositional elements, add texture and a degree of abstraction. Looks like you're having a great time. Wish I could enjoy some of the grilled octopus; it's one of my favorite dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Björn,
    I was quite lazy on holiday and at the height of summer at lower latitudes I should have been up earlier or out near dinner time to make the most of softer light.
    Luckily here the blinds reduced the contrast enough for me to get a decent shot!

    ReplyDelete